Dance Teacher Position
Wasilla Music & Dance Center is searching for a motivated, positive and qualified dance teacher for the Summer 2021 session from June-mid August, as well as the upcoming school year. The school year position requires a contract with a commitment from Sept-May.
Our studio is in downtown Wasilla, in a brand new building. It has a state-of-the-art dance studio with floating, Marley dance floors and exceptional music and video systems. We cater mainly to children between 3-14 years old. We strive to provide a fun and educational environment with well-qualified teachers and first rate equipment and facilities.
We are looking for someone who can maintain a balance of discipline and fun in a dance class. They must enjoy working with young children, as well as elementary & high school students. A degree in dance is a plus, but not required. Three years minimum teaching experience with advanced level training in a university or regional company, competition performance experience and/or teaching experience is required.
The successful candidate will always arrive to class 10-15 minutes before it begins; dress professionally in appropriate dance attire; and always use positive and proper language. We have created a fun learning atmosphere for both our dance & music students and will only hire teachers who share that attitude.
As a teacher in the Mat-Valley you have several different studios you can choose to teach in. Why would you choose Wasilla Music & Dance Center?
- - SMALL CLASS SIZE! Our dance classes do not exceed 10 students per class. We feel strongly that small class size allows our teachers to give individual attention to each student. This insures that corrections are made quickly during class, and each dancer builds a personal connection with their teacher.
- - Full time administrative support. Our studio has an admin team that handles all scheduling, billing and routine questions that may arise. When it's recital time, teachers can remain focused on their classes and preparing for the performance. Our team organizes costume measurements, rehearsal scheduling, etc.
- - Professional Dance Floors. Our dance floor is a floating floor resting on over 1,000 high density foam blocks and covered with a professional Marley dance cover. This type of floor helps prevent injury and fatigue, while allowing for just the right amount of slide. If you are going to teach 2-3 classes in a day, you will truly appreciate a quality floor that protects your body and provides a safe environment for your students.
- - We know how to run a studio. Wasilla Music & Dance Center is the Mat-Valley location that the owners of Anchorage Music & Dance Center opened in 2017. The Anchorage location has been teaching music for over 25 years, and dance for over 12 years. The Wasilla location began in a room at the Menard Center, and grew so quickly that we built a new building to accommodate the demand. Our Wasilla studio averages 125 music and 100 dance students. We look forward to surpassing our normal enrollment in the 2021-22 School Year.
- - Our teachers are never asked to fund raise for the studio, and they are paid for any necessary training.
Our schedule for Summer 2021 is Monday-Thursday, with dance class spots available beginning from 11am-7pm. We anticipate the morning classes will be most popular in the summer; as opposed to the afternoon times.
Our 2021-22 School Year is a Monday-Saturday schedule with dance classes scheduled 11am-2pm and 4-7pm during the week; and 10am-2pm Saturday.
We are looking for teachers who can teach pre-ballet for 3-5yrs; ballet for beginners & students with 1-3 years experience; ballet combo classes; Tap; Jazz; Modern; & Hip Hop for 6-14yrs. We are happy to interview candidates who can teach multiple genres or specific classes.
Our pre-ballet program is the Angelina Ballerina Ballet program. We have been teaching this program now for 12 years. It is a wonderful program that introduces young students to ballet in a positive, fun environment. We provide teacher training for this program.
If you are qualified and want to apply to teach dance in a positive and professional atmosphere and in a state-of-the-art studio, send you detailed resume to email@example.com Please do not call us directly. We will contact successful candidates for interviews quickly.
Position pays $20-30 p/hour DOE